Privacy and Take Down Policy
Effective Date: 21/09/2017
1. Commitment to Maintaining Your Privacy
Spatial Apps Pty Ltd (“Spatial Apps”, “We”, “Us”) owns and operates PressAtlas. This policy sets out how Spatial Apps and its related entities collect, hold, and disclose personal information about its users (“You”).
Spatial Apps is committed to complying with the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and protecting the personal information that You share with Us.
We understand the importance of maintaining Your trust and confidence and shall use all reasonable measures to ensure that the personal information You provide, as well as information collected by Spatial Apps, remains private and is used only as set out in this policy.
2. Information Collection and Storage
Information provided by You
For the Spatial Apps services and applications to operate effectively, access to personally identifiable information may be required, such as Your name, address or email address. If You subscribe or are registered for services with Spatial Apps the information You provide may be recorded, stored, and used for the purposes stated below.
You are able to cease a particular service by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
When You use our services and applications, our server receives and stores information from Your browser or mobile device, including but not limited to:
- The unique identifier for Your mobile device;
- Your IP address;
- The time and date of access;
- The latitude and longitude of any location-based search You perform;
- Search text and parameters;
- Version of our application that You are using;
- Membership and subscription status;
- Purchase and transaction information;
- The pages/files/listings accessed, and documents You requested and/or downloaded;
- Cookie information.
PressAtlas transmits information to Spatial Apps servers and receives data from Spatial Apps servers. That data is used and stored on Spatial Apps servers. Third party web content is requested through Spatial Apps services. Requests for web content may require a direct connection to third party systems or may also travel through proxies. Proxies may include Spatial Apps and/or third party proxy servers. Proxy servers may use and store information about those requests. You acknowledge that any third party server or software is outside the control of Spatial Apps. We make no representation or warranty in relation to, and assume no responsibility for, the accuracy or completeness of third party content.
3. Purpose of Data Collection
The information We collect may be used:
- For the purpose You provided it to Us, such as account registration, premium membership, subscriptions or to complete transactions and reasonably related purposes;
- To verify Your identity;
- To provide customer service and review issues with Your account or Your use of our services;
- To authorize payment, whether through secure third party credit card processing gateways or other payment methods;
- To improve our products and services;
- To customize the content available through our services;
- To enable You to share Your experiences using our services with others;
- To allow You to log in, share information or “like” Us through social network site accounts; or
- To ensure appropriate legal use of licensed software.
Except as provided below, We do not share or sell information that identifies our users personally or makes it possible for other parties to contact them directly.
We share Your personal information, as provided by You as follows;
To deliver its services, Spatial Apps engages and is assisted by a number of third parties. You accept that in using Spatial App’s services your information may be transmitted to third parties, that those third parties may:
- Be physically located outside of Australia, and/or
- Maintain websites, through which Your information may be passed, that are hosted overseas and that third party content is neither endorsed nor recommended by Spatial Apps.
As far as reasonably practicable, Spatial Apps will ensure that its relationships with third parties include appropriate protection of Your privacy.
Spatial Apps may disclose Your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- To provide the service You wish to use;
- For research purposes relating to the performance, quality, maintenance and improvement of PressAtlas’ services and products;
- For direct marketing of PressAtlas services;
- To customise and promote PressAtlas services which may be of interest to You;
- To provide technical support to You to use PressAtlas’ services;
- If permitted or required by law; or
- Otherwise with Your consent.
We may also disclose personal information to LexisNexis and its affiliated entities who may use Your personal information for the purposes of providing access to and use of the Services, providing support, billing and other similar activities related to the Services and keeping Spatial Apps and You informed about products, services, offers and upcoming events and to improve the LexisNexis services. LexisNexis may share Your personal information with third parties for the purposes of direct marketing. If You do not wish to receive information about other LexisNexis products, services, offers and events, You may notify LexisNexis in writing.
Please Note: While browsing the Spatial Apps or PressAtlas website and applications, You may be able to access the websites of our affiliates and third parties, such as social media sites and payment processing gateways, through hyperlinks or application functions. Spatial Apps assumes no responsibility for the privacy practices of third parties and suggests You review the privacy statements on such websites before accessing third party links or application functions.
Spatial Apps has taken reasonable and prudent precautions to ensure that Your personal identifiable information is protected from unauthorized access, use, modification or disclosure. These measures include password protection, firewalls, secure servers and encryption of credit card transactions. To protect the confidentiality of Your information You MUST keep Your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person.
Notwithstanding the above, no data transmission over the internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, while We use reasonable endeavours to protect Your personal information, We do not ensure or guarantee the security of any information You transmit to us, and You acknowledge that You do so at Your own risk.
6. Your Privacy Options
Individuals have the right not to identify themselves, or to use a pseudonym when dealing with Us. However, if We request personal information and it is not provided, We may not be able to provide services to or otherwise assist You .
We take reasonable steps to ensure all personal information held by Us is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading having regard to the purposes for which it is collected. You have the right to request access to personal information that is held by PressAtlas about You . Requests for access will be dealt with by PressAtlas in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 1982. You may request corrections to personal information We hold about you at any time by emailing email@example.com. We deal with all requests for correction to personal information as required by the Privacy Act. We may refuse to correct personal information if the Privacy Act allows Us to do so.
If You do not want to receive direct communications from Us, You may click the “unsubscribe” link located on email communication from PressAtlas, or opt out at a later date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a subscriber this will not affect our ability to send You communications regarding Your account.
You may choose to disable the location-based feature; the information will then be stored locally on Your device. However, this will limit the functionality of Spatial Apps services.
If You have provided Us access to your social media accounts by linking, You can disconnect the link by logging into Your account, accessing Your profile and clicking the social media icon to disconnect.
8. Further information
If You have any questions or concerns about Spatial Apps’ privacy commitment, please feel free to email Us at email@example.com.
9. Take Down Policy
Spatial Apps makes every effort to ensure that it has appropriate rights to provide access to content. However, despite these safeguards, We recognize that from time to time material published online may breach copyright laws, contain sensitive personal data, or include content that may be regarded as obscene or defamatory. If You are concerned that You have found material on our application, for which You have not given permission, contravenes privacy laws, is obscene or defamatory, or in terms of copyright law is not covered by a limitation or exception, please contact Us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.